Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Twilight Saga: The Complete Film Archive

10/17/12 Update: Added 15 New/Old BTS Pics

The Twilight Saga: The Complete Film Archives
You can pre-order it from Amazon here
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
Source


Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

When Kristen Stewart thinks about playing Bella Swan over the course of four years and five movies, she realizes just how comfortable it’s been to take on the emotions, thoughts, and actions of Stephanie Meyer’s committed, love-struck heroine. But it was a comfort born of zeal for who Bella was and what she fought for.

“I haven’t had much experience playing characters I didn’t love personally, where I would defend them, but in this case, it’s been tenfold,” says Kristen. “More so than anything in normal circumstances. Because if you’re reading the books, and not studying them or appreciating them on some weird level, but if you’re reading and experiencing them the way most of us who love it have, then you are her. So with Bella, I always completely inserted myself into the whole process, because I felt like that when I read it. It was like breathing.”

To Kristen, Bella is that misunderstood girl for whom a monumental event in her life—meeting her true love—helps her realize her full potential. “It’s that adversity thing, and it takes the right catalyst to provoke you,” she says. “I think she’s got something where an unassuming girl becomes a powerhouse. She definitely has a strong stomach, a strong gut, and a heart. And that’s just cool.”

Kristen admits that sometimes she gets too wrapped up in preparing to shoot an emotional scene, like the breakup in The Twilight Saga: New Moon. A “shaky wave” is how she describes what she’s riding in those moments. “It’s not the greatest thing for me, but I need that. I need to be terrified, to feel that I could either bring life to it or ruin it. It’s why I want to do this stuff.”

Elsewhere, Kristen’s intensity had led to some funnier interactions, like the time she approached Stephanie about playing Bella as a vampire the way the author imagined it. Kristen recounts, “I ran up and was like, ‘How the [bleep] do I sound like wind chimes, Stephanie?!?’ She was like ‘What?’ And I said, ‘Don’t you remember that you wrote that?’ She said, ‘Oh, don’t worry, no one could ever sound like that.’ And I said, ‘I know, I’m just nervous. I’m sorry, I’ll go.’” Kristen laughs at the memory. “I don’t think she always understood when I was joking, but I loved talking to her about stuff. Her presence was so motivating.”

By the time of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Kristen was able to enjoy some of the peace that comes from knowing a character so well. “I knew fate wouldn’t let certain parts of that movie be anything other than what we’ve all been waiting to do,” she says. “Like the wedding. I love that scene. I loved doing it. I knew something was happening that I would never forget. Though I had no idea what I was going to do when I walked down that aisle, I didn’t care. I just felt completely how she felt.”

She’d held on to a few mementos from the movies, including the first “weird, funky eco shoes” Bella wore from her “dork” days on Twilight, and the mood ring Bella’s mom gives her. “It’s interesting that I have that one instead of the wedding ring, but you know, OG. Original gangsta!”

Looking back on it all, Kristen feels especially grateful to have been a part of something that involves so much fan energy—the fans have helped keep it real, as opposed to seeming beyond comprehension. “Usually at this scale, it feels bigger than you—like you can’t relate to it,” Kristen explains. “Well, I genuinely do relate to it. I like to share it with so many people all at the same time. We’re remarkably lucky to get to feel that. It’s like a club, and I’m so happy to be a member of the club.”

Kristen recognized in Bill a fellow fan. “It was like, ‘Oh, you love it like I love it!” she recalls telling him. “That’s what we needed. Generally, he put the story back into Bella’s head. We’d started slipping from that, but he found the heart in it again. It got hot again, and it had started to feel cold to me. So it was really like, ‘Thank God!’”

Bill even knew about the mysterious dog painting that had been a prop staple of Bella’s bedroom since Twilight. “Bill loves that thing,” says Kristen. “He said, ‘Yeah, I saw them carting it out, and I told them to put it right back.’ And I was like, ‘See, that is why you belong here. That is the coolest thing that you know that.’”

Wyck Godfrey Talks about Kristen

“She has the hardest of jobs. Kristen is on-screen almost every moment, and she was often working when others weren’t working. If they had days off, she usually didn’t. But one of my earliest memories of Kristen is one of the fondest. It was one of the first days of shooting on Twilight, and it was the final battle in the ballet studio. Now, that’s an incredibly raw, difficult scene for any seventeen-year-old actress, especially one who hasn’t met anybody on set, to immediately be thrown across the floor and have to writhe in pain from being bitten. But I can remember, from the very moment she came on set, she was, ‘All right, let’s do it!’ She’d slide herself across the floor, then say ‘No, that wasn’t good enough!’ It’s so much of a fantasy moment, to convey what it feels like to have venom coursing through your veins, to feel like you’re burning up inside and dying. A lesser-committed actress might have just ‘oohed’ and ‘aahed’ her way through it, but Kristen embodied it in a way that made us all feel the intensity of it. It was so impressive, how she was so into getting it right, that we all thought, ‘Thank God, we’ve got our Bella.’ She was immediately great.”

Catherine Hardwicke Talks about Kristen

Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke recalls what it was like to see Kristen in the film Into the Wild playing a free-spirited RV camp girl. “She just had that innocence, that deep longing, and she was just so powerful, her emotions so palpable, I thought she would be great as Bella,” recalls Catherine. “But I also wanted to know, could she do playful stuff? Well, she was game for everything. She’s tough. Even though Bella is supposed to be clumsy and nonathletic, Kristen’s very athletic. She has to be a bad volleyball player and not be able to play baseball, but she’s actually very good at those things!”

Elizabeth Reaser Talks about Kristen

Elizabeth Reaser, who plays Esme Cullen, says Kristen—who was just seventeen when filming began—was remarkably self-possessed. “She always seemed older than she was, and I’m really impressed with her in terms of the passion she has for her job, how important it is to her, and how she really cared,” says Elizabeth. “I mean, these movies are fun, fantastical, and not hard hitting, but she always treated each scene with real integrity. It impressed me because you can get lost in the insanity of money and fame and being young. And I just think she really gets it, how important it is to work hard, and I love that about her.”

Bill Condon Talks about Kristen

That said, few aspects of the moviemaking process escaped her, as Bill Condon will attest. When Kristen saw a take of herself during the wedding sequence, she told the director, “It looks a little like I’m getting nauseous, and I think it’s because the camera’s a little high.” Recalls Bill, “I was like ‘Whoa.’ She was right, and it made me a little embarrassed! I mean, she’s been on so many sets, she just a gifted, natural storyteller, and has a sense of how to do it visually.”
 
  imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
via

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
Source

imagebam.com imagebam.com
Source

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com  



No comments:

Post a Comment