Monday, November 25, 2013

Kellan Talks about Twilight and Hercules in New Interview with Access Hollywood (November 25, 2013)



Could “The Twilight Saga” fans ever imagine Kristen Stewart pining away for an Edward Cullen played by Kellan Lutz – because the actor was sought after for the role played by Robert Pattinson, but turned it down.

“The role just didn’t… I just didn’t care to entertain it,” Kellan said on Monday’s Access Hollywood Live.

“I really wanted to play a happy role or no role for a little bit,” he told Billy Bush and Kit Hoover, explaining that his role in “Generation Kill” left him wanting something more upbeat.

“I didn’t care to audition for [the role of Edward] because he was a bit moody and emotionally challenged,” the 28-year-old, who played Edward’s brother, Emmett Cullen, in the series, continued.

“But then I loved Emmett… I’m so blessed to have been able to play him,” he said.

And Kellan is open to playing a vampire yet again – if another movie were to ever happen.

“I love everyone. I loved to work with everyone and I loved my role,” he explained. “I’d love to play Emmett again or even another role in it.”

First up, fans will see Kellan play a demigod in “Hercules: The Legend Begins,” something he physically worked hard to accomplish in way you might not expect.

“I pushed myself. I’m a bigger guy by nature and [director Renny Harlin] wanted me trimmed down,” he told Billy and Kit.

Kellan explained that his take on the beloved mythology character will have a different spin than the Dwayane Johnson project about the same character.

“The Rock is doing Hercules [too]. I love the Rock. He’s naturally big and strong and he has amazing DNA,” he said. “And for me, I couldn’t get that big and thank God [the director] said, ‘I don’t want you that big.’”

“Hercules: The Legend Begins” opens on January 10, 2014.

Source: Access Hollywood Via KellanLutz

No comments:

Post a Comment