Monday, November 19, 2012

Jillian Dempsey Talks About Kristen with Allure

You rarely see Kristen Stewart walk the red carpet in anything but smoky eyes. "She doesn't like lipstick," her makeup artist, Jillian Dempsey, told Allure. "She hates the maintenance, and every time I try a loud color on her lips, she nicely asks if I can wipe it off."


Vamp It Up by Jillian Dempsey

The first time I met Kristen Stewart was in 2008, for an MTV event (she had just done the first Twilight movie). I went to her parents' house to get her ready, and we did all her makeup in the backyard because the light was so good. That first meeting, she was totally willing to try anything - as long as I let her tweeze her own brows. By now, I know what she likes (mascara and eyeliner) and what she doesn't: Nearly every time I put a loud color on her lips, she says, "I don't know, dude, color?". We always find a balance.

2009 - MTV Movie Awards

I'll give most of my clients a lipstick to toss in their bag, but Kristen doesn't carry one - and she doesn't like to touch up lipstick. My only option was to play up her eyes. I wanted to make it really sexy. I used bronze, black, and brown shadows all around her eyes. Then I had her smudge it out with the black of her finger. I finished with lots of mascara.

2010 - MTV Movie Awards

To show off her dress, I went with strong metallic eye shadow. I blended a bunch of creams together - bronze, taupe, and teal - and applied that to her lids. Then I put more teal closer to the lashes to make her green eyes stand out. I wanted her lips to have some color, so I coated them in CoverGirl Outlast Upstain in Teasing Blush, but Kristen being Kristen, I had to buff it out with a cotton swab.

2010 - Eclipse Premiere

This was out of control. A fan, desperate an autograph, had gotten too close, and now Kristen had a line of Sharpie from her forehead to her eye. I scrubbed (try getting off Sharpie without making your skin red!), layered on foundation, and redid only that eye. Look closely. Her eye makeup isn't symmetrical. That was a stressful job.

2012 - Kid's Choice Awards

I used all matte makeup because it was bolling hot. I circled her eyes in rich blue shadow to match her gorgeous Stella McCartney dress, and filled in her brows (which are thick to begin with). Then I did my favorite trick: painting mascara on her lower lashes with my trusty mini fan brush. It doesn't make them look spidery the way even one coat of mascara can.

2012 - My Valentine Premiere

We always have a red-lipstick fight, with me saying, "It's gorgeous!" and Kristen shaking her head. I don't know how I won this time. I put on black liquid eyeliner, tons of mascara, and strong red lipstick (I used Stila lipstick in Beso). She sais this is how she would do her makeup if she did it herself. And this lipstick doesn't move, which made her happy, too.

2012 - Snow White and the Huntsman Premiere

It was another brutally hot day, so I had to go easy. I applied tons of individual lashes. Then I used a warm bronze powder shadow and lots of kohl black eyeliner - I kept layering and smudging until it looked sexy. I added Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain in 7. It looked like it took a lot more work than it did.

Source/via

No comments:

Post a Comment